History


Aurora Diagnostics GPA Laboratories (ADXGPA) was established in 1954 by Herbert Z. Lund, M.D., who was one of the 12 founders of the American Society of Dermatopathology. GPA is a privately-owned, anatomic pathology laboratory and is affiliated with four hospitals of the Moses Cone Health System - Moses H. Cone Memorial Hospital, Women's Hospital of Greensboro, Annie Penn Hospital, and Wesley Long Community Hospital. GPA has also maintained a longstanding relationship with the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Medicine, where numerous ADXGPA pathologists serve as adjunct clinical professors.

All ADXGPA pathologists are board-certified in anatomic and clinical pathology and share broad areas of professional interest and expertise. The ADXGPA medical staff also includes pathologists who are board-certified in such subspecialties as dermatopathology, cytopathology, and hematopathology.

In July 2002, ADXGPA expanded its laboratory facilities to 40,000 square feet in order to accommodate business growth. In October 2007, ADXGPA partnered with Aurora Diagnostics.